Thursday, October 15, 2009

Spent the last two days familiarizing myself with what is in the cottage in prep for the estate sale next weekend. We are keeping all the good material to disperse around our houses and all the cottage-style stuff to make this place look passable.First, there is the Arts and Crafts library table that I love.
It will go to Little Bohemia to rub elbows with other furniture of its own style.

There is some great wicker, represented here by an armchair that matches the headboard in one of the bedrooms of Little Bohemia. I'll probably keep this and the other wicker at Sunnyside, because after the renovations, this place is gonna needs some cute-ing up.


There isn't a lot though, its all pretty depressing, especially going through the tired 30 year old sheets in the bedrooms. I pretty much threw all that stuff out.

I did find a cool 1930s watercolor from Rockport, ME though the artist is not listed anywhere.

I might have it reframed for our house cause the scene is very nice.

It was pretty clear that the house was rifled through after our offer to purchase the house and contents was accepted. While I've been going through the drawers, I have noted that somethings I spied while we were looking at the house are now gone.

I found that one of the most valuable things left in the house may just be the ugly dining table and chairs which are pretty good quality oak by Thomasville.

I don't know why people insist on having matching furniture suites in their dining rooms, but that just may be me. Nothing we own matches.
I just listed the table and chairs and the cabinets from the Maine State Correctional Facilities Workrooms on Craigslist. Hopefully I can sell these things and the crappy rugs before next weekend!

Oh, I took a pretty nice photo of the view from the second floor bedroom:

No comments:

Post a Comment