Sunday, October 25, 2009

Estate sale Final total: $1975.00
I forgot what it's like to have a thousand dollars in cash in my pocket!

I've had enough of strange people for the day. Ended up selling the prison made furniture for $825, a bit less than 1/2 of what they were new. A woman found my ad on Craigslist and emailed me this morning. She wanted me to pull the set of cabinets because she wanted to buy them. I was down to $75.00 a cabinet on the tag, but she was willing to pay the full $650.00 for five cabinets. The hutch was a harder sell, but I threw in 40 pieces of English ironstone into the deal and sold the thing for $175.00. Saved me having to wrap up the china for Goodwill! Still have the dining room suite of furniture which I loaded up on Craig's list for $350.00. It still boggles my mind what people will buy. Take a look at this photo carefully:


almost everything in this photo sold...really look...now you can see...people will buy anything, including a resin sparkly dolphin for $1.00 I sold the microwave oven for a $1.00 to a friend who wanted to use it for drying FEMO clay. Sold a bunch of lamps to a woman who wouldn't shut up the whole time she was there...finally she let on that she had just come from church and that she hoped her god blessed me. I made her pay full price.

It was such a nice day that I pulled a rocker out to the porch and made myself a vodka and cranberry and read for the downtime. Of course once I did that, hundreds of people showed up. Then Greg and Pegi arrived for the space planning meeting

Pegi is a genius and has figured out the space and made a plan we are all happy to consider. It involves closing up one of the doors to the house so that we can fit in a bathroom, but I think that is fine. When we get some good readable plans, I will scan and post.

We are going to take down the chimney wall tomorrow to make one big room downstairs. I might get motivated and pull up the lino in the kitchen too. I do think I need to make a pie tomorrow, so I'd have to knock off early.

Off to bed for a bit o' quiet time, its 7:30

No comments:

Post a Comment