Monday, October 26, 2009

Am done for the day. Decided to take out more of the living room wall. I got a nice pouring of mouse nest on my head!! There was quite a colony of nests up behind the board of the wall, so much so that the shadow of their trails through the maze of sawdust is imprinted on one of the beams..ewwww! In the photo below, you can see our black tape outline of where the downstairs bathroom will go. That's right, the leaded glass door will be changed out for a window. The new addition also has a front door, so we will use that instead. I already sold the leaded glass door at our estate sale, so we might as well take the whole thing out! The downstairs bathroom is big enough for a shower stall as well as a sink and toilet. We like this idea rather than the one we had to put a tiny bath under the stairs.

You can see the mouse trails on the beam in the picture below.

I got a bit tired of the kitchen floor, So...........I just went ahead and ripped it up...surprise! another floor underneath!!


Took me about a hour of ripping and crawling around, but I got the flooring up and found the very nice hard Southern Pine floors below. They were originally gray and then painted brown then they had two layers of flooring over more roofing felt! The underside of the lino was covered in mold spots. Ewwwwww.
Got to knock off for the night and get to Goodwill with the last load of stuff from the cottage, then home to make apple crisp for a dinner party we are attending tonight.

Til tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish I could have a piece of that cool linoleum- I have scraps of 1920s-1930s linoleum hanging up as art all over my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send me your address Homer and I will send you some linoleum scraps

    ReplyDelete