Wednesday, October 28, 2009

And so it starts......


I spent the afternoon taking down homosote walls and finding that there was shag carpeting behind each board of homosote going up the stairs....can you say "dusty?" Yuck! And such an early, lovely pastel pink color...I guess that was to make the interior of the cottage "cheery." Well, in the 21st century, the color just makes me want to go hit my head repeatedly against the nearest wall.
Before I knew it, I had taken down the bulkhead for the stairway so that I could get a bit more headroom. From the looks of it, there was at least one other stair in this house before the current incarnation. I have not problem with taking these stairs out now.


I have a full load to take to the dump in the new man-truck tomorrow and then we are on the road until next Tuesday. Enjoy the weekend and remember to VOTE NO ON 1 if you are a Maine resident.

No comments:

Post a Comment