Friday, October 23, 2009

Live blogging from the Estate Sale!

Phew! We had a bang up morning, selling most of the contents from the house. I think we've almost cleared $900 for the day. The big ticket stuff like the dining room table chairs and hutch and the prison furniture hasn't sold yet. Some woman commented that it was hard to ask for a better deal when she felt she was getting a good buy already.

Customers with trucks just pulled up......

OK, they just wanted to look at the table saw we are selling. A couple are back to pick up all the stuff they bought! I am grateful for the business and it's nice to be putting money in the bank before we start ripping into the account and start spending it!

Just sold a desk I bought last year at a garage sale for a 50% mark-up...not too shabby considering that I replaced it with that cool arts and crafts library table that came with Sunnyside.

Closed up shop around 4:30. My sister is coming with more stuff tonight and I will probably grab some stuff from here to sell. I am tired of little windsor chairs and crappy 19th century porcelains.

More tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment