Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Lots of activity today. I met with the power company and they essentially told me that it would be a HUGE deal to move the power lines underground. I would have to get approval from about 15 houses and then get them all to help pay for it, or pay for it myself for about $30,000. I figured it would be a lot, but not that much. Because they would have to move 3 poles, I would have to get everyone in the neighborhood's approval since they all come off those pole. Ugghhh

The other problem I pointed out to the field operator is the access point for the electricity to connect to the house. I can actually reach out and touch the line if I wanted, and that is a problem. The CMP operator was flabbergasted that the line was attached to the house like that.....will have to get it moved.


I think we are ready for the tag sale:


Velvet seascape anyone?


Can you tell I want to sell the dining room table and chairs? I blocked off the rest of the house with furniture that I hope will sell, though I would keep the pine hutch if I had to, paint it green, and put it somewhere around the kitchen.



Arranged today to go get an oak beam. Its a 24 foot 8" square beam that is coming out of a building in Rockland and which will run underneath the second floor floor joists. Hopefully between that and reinforcing the manufactured beam that is already in place (but not secured properly) we will quell the wobbliness of the second floor.

Oh, and I also made a very nice sale today in my real business. Its a deal that I have been working on for several weeks and it finally came to pass. That should carry us for a couple of months.

Greg came home yesterday with Betty the man-truck. He finally sold his Wrangler with the lift kit and bought a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 pick-up. Big boy truck--YEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment