Saturday, October 24, 2009

It poured rain today and I was embarrassed that I got my sister to come up with a load of crap...I mean....antiques to sell at the estate sale and we had no one come in for the first hour or so. It was a pretty slow day, but Ann made a strong $30.00 and I cleared over $300.00. Sold the dingy, the table saw, a vintage tin wiper blade sign with thermometer, and some small stuff. I had one woman come in, ask me how much a pair of ladies boots were and when I told her $5.00, she said that if they fit she would take them and if not, she would tell me what they were worth. They happened to be a pair of Ferragamo boots that my mom bought in Italy with me in 1985...she wore them twice and decided they wouldn't fit. My sister kept them all this time. Apparently, they are $250.00 boots..though a quick check on Ebay tells me that no one is buying them right now! The nice lady got them for $5.00.

Lots of neighbors came by today to tell me they were excited by the prospect of having the house done up. It made me feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment