Sunday, October 25, 2009

Just as we were about to pack it in last night, my sister took a digger of a fall off the front stairs of the cottage and landed on her back with a stair tread to the spine. I have never seen someone in so much pain and my vain attempt to find a doc or a nurse friend in the hood was all I could think to do. We did crack a bottle of rum over there so that she might numb the pain and then Greg showed up with a Xanex and all was right with the world. She couldn't drive home, but the pain subsided for her a bit. The bruise on her back is quite large, I hope that we stemmed it a bit with an ice pack.

* My sister went to the doctor and they found nothing wrong. The bruise I talked about above never materialized, so we are thankful for that. She did get an X-ray, but she feels that it is just a very bad bruise. We'll check in on her Thursday when we go down to Portland.

Pegi Miller from Himes Miller Design in Los Angeles arrived today to lead in the space planning for the interior of the cottage. We had a chance to talk and both of us are on the same page about the cottage. She is good about reuse, and is telling me that if we don't sell the f**king prison cabinets, we should figure out a way to reuse them for the kitchen. I have an idea to cut the feet off and make them cabinet height and then add a piece of granite or something to the top and Voila! We are talking about how to recycle the walls we'll be taking down upstairs.
By the way, she makes a mean meatloaf!

No comments:

Post a Comment