Saturday, May 29, 2010

Random photo day
Arrived here at 6:30 this gorgeous Memorial Day Saturday morning. The sea is calm and a beautiful power boat is moored in front of the house, making for a stunning view.


I am here on a mission to paint the downstairs bathroom so that we can install the fixtures and have a working bathroom.....I need that progress. I chose to go with "Rain" for the wall color. I think it was a perfect choice for the room, as it completely matches the glass shower tiles. It was a happy accident, I promise....saw the wall color before I saw the tile, so I had it in the back of my mind.
The upstairs dormers are both done...They are a bit quirky and have a lot going on, but painted out, they will be perfect for the house. I really wanted to try and retain or add as much quirkiness to this cottage as possible, while also providing modern amenities.

One set of double doors has been installed. The one on the left is maple and the one on the right is walnut. They need a bit of work, but they look incredible. I wonder how the fact that one is a pocket door and one is a swing door will work for renters

From the hallway

I grouted this floor yesterday, the secret to grouting slate, I have found out, is to pre-seal the tiles before grouting and to have a REALLY GOOD grouting sponge. The grout lifted right off the stone and provided a fantastic surface. I love these tiles in the upstairs bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment