Monday, May 17, 2010

Finished the ceiling in the addition yesterday and continued to prepare walls and the dormers upstairs for boarding. Some of the walls needed nailers in places, and some needed shims, etc. Also finished with the sound barrier around the downstairs bathroom, now I can go ahead and board over that.

Found my camera, so do not fear, pictures will be forthcoming!

We've come up with a schedule for the next three weeks. I need to have most of the furniture out of Little Bohemia for guests that arrive for a week on the 6th of June.

We will finish boarding the walls and the ceiling upstairs this week and then we can get the extra wood out of the inside of the house, clearing it away for the next step. Next week is trim week, where all the windows and doors will be trimmed out, and the following week is floor week...we hope to have the cork floor installed and the wooden floors sanded by the end of the week. The bathrooms will also be done by this time. I can move out furniture in a day and clean Little Bohemia for my guests. Then I have about 1o days or so until Greg's family arrives to help paint. I will use that time to sand portions of the exterior of Sunnyside in preparation for paint. I will also try to paint the floors of Sunnyside in several rooms so that I can set them up. You would never know that we are ready to do all this by looking at the cottage today...what a wreck! I will probably spend most of today in cleaning mode, sweeping up the chunks of foam that I had to get off the walls of the dormers, and bagging up pieces of wood to take down to 3Tides so David can use it as kindling.

3 comments:

  1. PICTURES! PICTURES! PICTURES!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Seth -

    We will be back next week. If we can help you with storage or anything else we would be happy to do so. See you soon. Can't wait - Trudy and Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Trudy, I might take you up on that! Weather here has been gorgeous (except for today!) Looking forward to seeing you both.

    Best,
    Seth

    ReplyDelete