Sunday, May 9, 2010

Bless my Boyfriend

While I went to Yarmouth yesterday, Greg went to the cottage and put the remaining boards up the stairs, which looks amazing! He easily fixed a problem spot where the wall was 1" out of plumb...It would have taken me hours to get it right. After I got back, I got busy preparing the East end wall upstairs for boards....I had to make room for nailers for the ceiling boards, so that meant getting on the top step of our 8' ladder and scraping foam insulation off the studs...I hate ladders, but have to do it, right?

Anyway, after much prep of the wall, we started boarding from the middle outwards so that we got the shiplap board at the peak, just right. Greg is fast at measuring, making patterns, and cutting, because, as he said: "This is what I do all day long." So, we are well on our way to finishing the first of the very hard walls today and having a good start on finishing the Master Bedroom walls and ceiling over the next few days. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment