Friday, May 21, 2010

OMG! or wow, people in Bayside are wicked cool!
Greg and I have been working like bears on the cottage the last few days. Yesterday, tired and cranky, we were working on boarding in the hallway upstairs (finished!) and two neighbors, Dick and Marge Brockway walked in the front door, wanting to see the progress. We were just putting in a tricky board and I turned to look down the stairs and Dick Brockway was holding a huge box. Marge introduced herself and said it was a tradition of theirs to give "this little gift" was I think how she put it. Well, much to my delight, amazement, and pleasure, Dick pulled this out of the box:

It's a scale model of Sunnyside and how she originally looked before the addition was added and the porch was changed......I mean, right down to the gingerbread trim....I was totally at a loss for words, it is such a thing of beauty. Now I know I have to get the original columns right, because they are so cute on the model!

The details are amazing, right down to the actual design of the decorative elements at the roof ends. I am in awe that anyone would do such an amazing thing for people they had never met.

I do have to say that I wish Sunnyside still looked like this. She was a beauty!

Thank you Dick and Marge.....What a welcoming present! It is just beautiful!


2 comments:

  1. That's incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dick does tremendous research from old pictures and such (as you have found). His other model projects are incredible and you join a very select group of recipients. Enjoy !

    ReplyDelete