Saturday, May 22, 2010

OUCH!

When I close my eyes, all I can see are knot holes and pine boards! Greg and I have been working away, he a bit more obsessively than I, and we are pretty much on schedule to finish the shiplap work by Tuesday. Greg has trimmed out all of the doors in the addition and two windows, thus trading time from Trim Week for finishing Boarding Week.

We have about an hour and a half left to finish the walls once and for all and then all we have left is the ceiling. Now the lower half of the ceiling shouldn't be too hard and I think we can do it in a few hours. The upper part of the ceiling is going to take a day because of height, etc.

I know, none of you care to read what I write, you just want the photos. Well here they are:

Greg's totally cute trim job around the kitchen window. More about the kitchen in another post

The sleeping nook in the smaller of the two bedrooms. I'll put a single day bed here with a sconce for a light overhead and it will feel like sleeping onboard a ship. Where I am standing taking this photo is where the queen bed will go.

The cute stairway. I just ordered a Moravian Star pendant light fixture for here. Should be here by next week.


Walls are finished in the master bedroom

Closet and beams in the second bedroom. Double doors to hall.


Dining room window trimmed out


Living room doors trimmed out. What a nice May day in Maine...72 degrees today...no boats in this part of the mooring field yet...as you can clearly see through the windows


Doors trimmed out


My old door project! The door with the glass panel is for the upstairs bathroom. It is an oak door with a maple veneer on one side. I am sanding and filling in the hardware holes to convert them to pocket doors. They are gorgeous! The other doors you see are for the pocket doors upstairs

No comments:

Post a Comment