Monday, May 10, 2010

Cute Little Downstairs Bathroom!

A Preview:

With a slate floor and the glass tile shower, this should be a totally adorable bathroom. Fixtures in place to sight the grab-bars, the door is wide enough for a wheelchair and the bathroom will have grab bars in the shower and around the other fixtures and so will be handicapped-friendly. The narrow sink makes it possible to swing a wheelchair around in the space, which I think is quite nice. I love how the beadboard came out.

We are working as fast as possible to get the walls up. Greg and I finished the East wall in the master bedroom yesterday, which was a pain with all the angles and the height of the boards, etc. I hate ladders because being a big lummox with a too tall center of gravity makes me feel like an elephant with a long neck up on the top of one of those tall ladders. But, we got it done.

I can't believe we got the whole thing level. Here is a corner shot of where the master bed will go. All the 5 foot walls are done upstairs too. By the end of today we will have completed all the exterior walls and will just have the room divider walls to do...I cannot wait for those to go up.


Greg's beautiful stairway wall

No comments:

Post a Comment