Sunday, May 2, 2010

In the airport coming home after an unsuccessful weekend of auctioning...actually, there is one more lot coming up to bid on this afternoon and I will do it by phone while driving home from the airport. I was the underbidder on a set of fantastic 18th century watercolors scenes of the Battles of Lexington and Concord done by a young man between the ages of 14 and 16 when he did them. I might have gotten them, but discovered they were glued down to another piece of paper sometime in the early 20th century. I found this out right before the auction, so I was the only bidder to figure this out...I lowered my bid by what the conservation would've cost and ended up not getting them.....oh well. This afternoon I am bidding on a folk artist's self portrait done when he was 19 years old in Portland, Maine. It is signed and dated on the back of the canvas.

Anyway, while out of town, I found another Paslode finish nailer on Craig's list. I think we will need it. The person who listed it is contacting me after I land in Portland and will meet me somewhere near the airport. It was a good deal and I saved over $150.00 from buying a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment