Thursday, April 29, 2010

Three solid days of putting up the walls and we've almost finished the exterior walls downstairs. It is exciting to say the least, but I couldn't even lift my head up yesterday (I've been putting up walls for five days, but I had to take down two days worth because they were the wrong boards!) I think I went to bed about 8:15 and read for approximately 3 minutes before I drifted off into neverneverland. I hardly ever sleep straight through the night, but I got a solid 7 hours in before I woke up!
Anyway, I digress. I had a hard wall day yesterday, my wall started out cockeyed and never got out of that mode. I got all the way to the stairs going to the second floor and had to stop because the next board was going 16 feet all the way up to the second floor knee wall and there were all sorts of outlets, and floor joist cut outs to contend with......I left it for another day.
Greg was a boarding machine yesterday. He finished the area around the entry door and then stayed an extra two hours after I left to try and finish the wall in the kitchen. He would've done it, but he ran out of wood! We boarded over 400 linear feet in one day, not too bad.
Seth (no relation) was also with us for a few hours. He installed both shower valves and finished the Hardi backerboard installation on the bathroom downstairs. His plumbing work is really nice and he brings bitchin' 80s music to soothe us while we plod away at our tasks. I need to find another finish nailer, life would be so much easier with two guns!

I hear from visitors to Sunnyside that lots of folks read this blog and that one of their friends told them her grandson is obsessed with reading my ramblings about fixing this place up...so a big shout out to you all!

I have to split for New York City today for a board meeting and an auction. There is a very interesting set of 18th century watercolors depicting the battles of Lexington and Concord done by a 14 year old boy in Boston that are coming up for sale. They used to be in the collection of American/ British painter John Trumbull.

No comments:

Post a Comment