Sunday, April 25, 2010

This entry should be titled "On the Job Training"
Having never put up walls by myself, today was quite a challenge. The first photo below shows my progress in the old living room where I am putting up 8" pine ship lap. It's a total bitch to work with, but I am having a great time. All the second floor joist are twisted and uneven, so that coupled with my non-existent precision craftsmanship skills spells T-R-I-M-S-T-R-I-P-S. This little bit of wall right here took me about four hours to put up, though I am getting faster. Notice the nice light through the Western windows. This photo was taken around 6pm. Can you see the azalea blooming outside....Spring is here in Maine and it is a glorious one.


Seth (no relation) did most of this beadboard work in the bathroom. The two of us worked it on Friday, and even though we forgot to account for the bow in the exterior wall, which threw off the levelness of one of the walls, a quarter round trim strip and a can of paint will take care of that.

I have to clean a bit of our mess today as the cottage is in total chaos. I think I should have all the walls put up in the old parlor by sometime Monday morning. A bonus for me is that the walls in the new addition measure exactly 8' and there are no floor joists to cut around. That room should only take a day to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment