Sunday, April 11, 2010

I unpacked the cork flooring yesterday and went online to research it a bit more because I am skeptical about the tiles we got. I figure that if I don't like them, I can always return them...but the Marden's commercial running through my head, " You should have bought it when you saw it at Marden's" made me go ahead and purchase them when we found them. The tiles are made in Portugal and distributed by a company in New Hampshire. They are made from at least 80% post consumer cork, and have a coating on them called "Greenshield" which is an enviornmentally friendly form of Scotchguard!. The manufacturer's price is $197 a box. We bought ours for $94 a box, so I am happy.

We were going to make the big wood purchase tomorrow to get the walls started while we are away, but Greg made me hold off until we get back, so that we can be here to start the walls ourselves and to oversee the rest. God forbid we got back and hated what was put up. I called a local lumber company and found that their wood is expensive, over a $1 a board foot for #4 grade pine ship lap. I think we can get it from the manufacturer, who is local, for much cheaper, and will try and do so when we have more time.

For now, we are content to close the cottage up for a week while we enjoy a vacation in the Bahamas.
Updates begin again around the 22nd or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment