Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lots of goings on at ole Sunnyside yesterday. The rough plumbing was finished, the leaks around the second floor sliding glass door were addressed and hopefully fixed, and I took the first steps towards making some walls: That is, I went to a friend's house and snapped some photos of her walls so that I could shamelessly copy them.

Of course Greg and I disagree on wall treatments. He likes the naturalness of wood walls, which I like too, but it is a look more for a madeover barn than it is for a cute summer cottage on the water that screams for colors with names like "bluesky" and "orange buttercream."

I gave a phone interview to a newspaper while standing on the roof of Sunnyside yesterday. I hope I didn't sound too much like a neophyte. I am not sure the interviewer, who likes to make me sound like I am 12 years old in her column sometimes, got down everything that I was saying about the importance of folk rugs.

Foaming begins today. Should take two days to finish the place. I am going over to the house in about an hour to finish prepping for the foam dude, which means pulling out all the stuff from the garage so the walls can get a good coat of foam. I cannot wait for the house to be tight and dry. Once the foam is in, big portions of the house will get start falling into place.

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment