Saturday, April 10, 2010

Ok, so I am happy about the foam. I let the cottage air out for two days and went over there this morning to close the windows and doors, etc. The inside of the place was about 46 degrees. I turned the heat on and within about 25 minutes, the temp had risen to 60 degrees. This house is now tighter than ours and as I told Greg...guess where we are living next winter!! (just kidding, dear)
I am a bit miffed at the insulation guy. He gave me a price and because I know he is a bit messy, I asked him if that price included cleanup. Apparently, his idea of clean up is to get in his truck and leave! Lucky for me we plasticed all the walls and covered over most of the things in the house with plastic sheeting. There is foam EVERYWHERE! It doesn't take much to get it off, but it is annoying to find beads of insulation on the backside of the door knob.

No comments:

Post a Comment