Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cork!
We happened to be up in Elsworth yesterday and decided to check out the new Marden's there. Marden's is a surplus and salvage store and a Maine institution. It can be a treasure trove of amazing things. I have bought linen suits, silk blazers, $600 loafers made from the ass cheeks of a horse (the Marden's price? $67.00), beds, tiles, carpets, etc. Yesterday we found cork tiles. They were more than I wanted to spend on the floor in the living room, but they were also $50 cheaper a box than one can find elsewhere. We saved $500 by buying them at Mardens. The great thing is that they are thin enough so that we will not have a big hump between the floor of the kitchen and the floor of the living room. The living room is about 300 square feet and I know these tiles will look just beautiful.

In other news: I have been cleaning out the garage. There are so many old building supplies down there that I decided at the beginning of the summer to have a building supply garage sale and get rid of whatever is left over from reconstructing the house. Tubs upon tubs of electrical and plumbing supplies, (most of which we will use) a perfectly good gas heater, which I may use over at the other cottage, and all sorts of rusted out stuff. The house is ready for the foamer. The plumber is coming today and tomorrow so he can get most of the place done before the foamer comes. I would love to get a bathroom floor in before we leave for the Bahamas, but that might not happen.

Oh yeah, I need to replace the garage doors...ugghh.

No comments:

Post a Comment