Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sunnyside scored today when I found this amazing 7 foot x 3 foot braided rug at a local flea market for $15.00. It's called instant charm. I believe the rug dates from the 1970s or so...I just can't believe that was 40 years back!


The colors are not my favorites, which makes it easy for me to put over at Sunnyside. Because the exterior of the cottage is so distinctive, I want to give the interior it's own distinctiveness. So, it would be fun to kind of charm the place out. This rug is a nice start. The vintage wicker and the grain scale, and some of the centennial windsor furniture that were already here will be a great addition.
Greg surprised me when we were flipping through a magazine and he found a photo of a checkerboard painted wooden floor. It was really folky, like the photo below, but in more subdued colors, black and milk paint white perhaps. I have always thought that type of floor beautiful, so I think we want to go ahead and try a similar treatment on the kitchen floor downstairs.

2 comments:

  1. I love the checkerboard floor idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too, I think it will be a gorgeous addition to the cottage "look."

    ReplyDelete