Thursday, February 11, 2010

Further on to my post from yesterday, I thought I would show you the kitchen renovation at our house. Since I am not in Maine and not working on the cottage, I have to show you something!

We didn't have a lot of money when we started the renovation on the kitchen. Greg took off for Atlanta to see his parents one June and I decided it would be a good idea to take the ceiling down in the kitchen since it came to just above my head. The previous owner had used white bathroom tile and white grout for the kitchen counter tops. A bad idea was made worse since he never supported the extra weight of the tiles and grout and the counter tops started to crack almost immediately upon our moving into the house. The wooden parquet floor began to lift and separate about the same time.
Here is the old kitchen...starkly white and gray


I think our whole kitchen renovation (without the new stainless appliances) ran us about $1200.00 . It took us over five years to finish because Greg and I couldn't agree on paint initially and then we just got busy with other things. Last year he enlisted the help of our friends and while I was away he finished the kitchen, which you see below, before appliances. We now have a beautiful gas range and french door refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment