Friday, February 19, 2010

My man Josh got enough framed out for the electricians to do their thing next week. He looked pretty green around the gills when I saw him this morning. He finished up and I spent a few hours there this afternoon cleaning and getting things ready for the electricians. I have a loooong way to go before the place is organized enough for them, so I will work over there early for the next few days and spend the afternoon and evenings here cleaning and doing laundry and working to get ready to go on Tuesday. I needed to get the door top table out from against the wall, so I decided to play act and "stage" a kitchen plan. So what you see here is the skeleton of how the downstairs will look when finished. I think we will have the downstairs done by the end of April and the upstairs easily done by the end of June.


This is the view from the front doors as it will be. You will be able to see the water from the front porch, through the house. One the right of the double doors will likely be a pull out couch and to the left a couple of chairs and a TV at the bottom of the stairs, perhaps mounted to the corner. The new bathroom on the right and the kitchen to the left. Straight ahead is the larger living room where the addition was put on.


View from the water side sliding doors. I am standing in the living room looking back through the house.



I took the last temporary "support" post out today and the house appears pretty solid. We are adding an 18' long 4 x 4" beam running underneath the floor joists on the second floor because that area is still pretty soft. I could still feel the floor move underneath my treads today. It is coming together nicely.

I may have to call a barn raising to do the interior walls. Booze, nail guns, and good friends....either a recipe for disaster or good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment