Saturday, February 6, 2010

I wish I had photos of the doors we picked out for upstairs. My friend and contractor, Larry, said that he had some doors in his barn from an old house in Belfast that I might want to use upstairs. I met him at his house yesterday and we found five matching doors. 7 feet tall and 28" wide. They are tall and skinny and will be charming when installed. We are putting double doors on each bedroom, one will be a pocket door and the other will be a swing door. When renters want to open up the space upstairs, they will be able to open both doors for incredible views and cross breezes and morning or afternoon light.

A fifth matching door was found for the bathroom upstairs. This door has a glass panel in the upper section that will add a bit of light from the bath to the upstairs hallway.

No comments:

Post a Comment