Tuesday, February 16, 2010



It was a gorgeous day here in Maine 36 degrees and bright sunshine. I took one of our dogs on a 3 mile walk along the Shore Road after leaving messages for my plumber and the foam insulation guy to try and get them to come have a look at the space. My plumber can do the work while Greg and I are away next week if need be, and so we could have the plumbing phase completed too by the end of February, putting us on point to be ready for the end of May complete date.

I took Greg over to the house today and he concurred that I should take the closet out and perhaps put in a small built-in in that corner instead. We could just make a small bead board closet, large enough to hold a few things. Or I can find a small armoire to go against one wall.

I had grand plans to go work over there today, but had insomnia last night and so was up from 1am. I wanted to take out the closet today, but will wait for my man Josh tomororw. He is coming to frame up the downstairs bathroom and the dormers upstairs as well as the half kitchen wall and beam.

Did I mention that the house feels really solid now that walls are up upstairs and tied into the roof and the sides of the house. I remember vividly not wanting to be in the upstairs bedroom with another person my size when we first bought the place, in fact, I was petrified to do so. Now the house is completely solid...adding the walls downstairs will also help a great deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment