Wednesday, February 17, 2010

As is always the way, the interior framing was off to a great start and then Sunnyside was left empty while my man Josh went to help out at other job sites. Thinking that he would get the framing done by today, I scheduled the electricians for Monday. I figured that Josh would be there today as he said he would and so I got there this morning at around 7am to make sure that he didn't start any framing before we talked about it. I started to rip the closet in the master bedroom out and by the time I was done thwacking the walls with a sledgehammer and then pounding the nails out, cleaning up a bit of a mess downstairs, I realized with exasperation that he wasn't showing today. Texting back and forth revealed that Josh would be there tomorrow morning....the day I have a client meeting in Rockport. I told him to meet me there at 7am since there were things to discuss...like the fact that the closet he put so much effort into building was now a mere pile of wood again and that it wasn't his fault, but my own for not communicating that I didn't want the damn thing in the first place, but that I just plain forgot to tell anyone. Or the fact that one of the new floor boards in the hallway had a knot fall out of it this morning, so I can see straight upstairs!

By the way, I really want the Moravian Star chandelier for the hall upstairs
with matching sconces throughout the house , but they are way EXPENSIVE....I'll find a way.

1 comment: