Wednesday, June 16, 2010

We got the kitchen counter tops in and cut Monday. If you remember, there were doors to the cabinets before, but they started to warp and never fit properly, so they have to be made over again. I hope we'll have some new ones by the end of the week.



Burying the power lines was successful. ( At least burying the conduit was, as the line has not been moved yet) The entire back of the house has to be graded and seeded and watered, but not until they get the power line moved. A good thing that came out of this is that my pile of dirt and concrete from under the house has been hauled away. We can use the driveway again!!! (of course, after the grass comes back, or after I put a bit of pea stone out there)

Today, I got the last wall boarded up. We had to wait until Ron, the electrician put in the wiring for a light I forgot to install in the downstairs shower. All of the outside fixtures are up and the first floor is all set with outlets, switches, and lights. The second floor's "Deco" fans and Moravian Star chandelier should be installed tomorrow and then, when they get the wire and the new circuit box, we will have full electricity!

Took the old fridge to the dump yesterday and will go up to Dennett's in Bangor to see what they have in their bumped and bruised section for fridge's and stoves. Once I get those, the cottage will be livable!

Greg went to NYC this morning at 4am to have a night there with his two sisters and two of his nieces. They are all caravanning it back here tomorrow to start painting the upstairs bedrooms on Friday.

I called State Sand and Gravel today to inquire about peastone for the garage. When I asked when they could deliver it, the phone guy said...20 minutes be too soon??? I said yeah, I had to put down the vapor barrier. I'm gonna call him tomorrow.

Lots going on......always

No comments:

Post a Comment