Thursday, June 3, 2010

Real work has gotten in the way again and I am up to my eyeballs in art research. This means that I am freaking out about ole Sunnyside getting underway. I feel that the work has stalled somewhat, but Greg reminds me that it is now down to a lot of little things, which are actually getting done. I've called in reinforcements, which will cost me more in the end, but which will ultimately catch us up. Larry and his boys are coming the early part of next week to finish the ceilings upstairs, put the rubber membrane over the roof of the addition so that we can build the deck, finish hanging the doors (which happened today) and help with other things. When I last checked in at the cottage, Marcus had successfully trimmed out the beams in the kitchen and the living room and was half way through building the first set of kitchen cabinets.
After presenting a collections evaluation to a local client today, which she deemed "a work of art" in itself, Greg and I went to Home Depot and picked out the track lighting for the ceilings in the kitchen and the addition and the carriage lights for the outside of the house.
Greg is now over at the cottage planning out the bathroom tiling upstairs. He called to tell me we were three square feet too short and needed more tiles...these are the clear glass tiles with the copper threads running through them...which he correctly told me needed white thinset mortar rather than the gray we used elsewhere because the color will show through the tiles...details details....Home Depot is open until 9pm tonight.
Still looking for a vintage newel post while I research an 18th-century London silversmith!

No comments:

Post a Comment