Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I took yesterday off to drive to Western Massachusetts in order to see a silk and needlework portrait done by a young girl in 1808. The 13 hour car ride was worth it!

The day before, Greg and I turned the hose on the side of Sunnyside to try and find a leak that was streaming water over the new sliders in the master bedroom. It was easy to find, since I pretty much knew where it was. The vent over the door, which was installed when the addition was built, about 10 years ago, had no caulk around it and is the perfect place for water to gather and seep down to the door frame. After about ten minutes of testing along the wall, Greg turned the hose on the vent and water streamed down over the header for the slider....




It's way high up there, too high for me to get to it, so I am getting my boy Josh to come over and fix it.

Our new finish carpenter, Marcus, started yesterday. He is working on casing in the new support beams right now before he moves onto building our new kitchen cabinets.

We have working toilets and sinks now too! Very exciting....we will even have working bathroom doors today too!

No comments:

Post a Comment