Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Photo day!


Progress is still going strong. Marcus is going strong on the kitchen, and I am going out today to get countertops, drawer slides, and other accoutrements so that he can keep moving on it. I really like the detail of the" feet" on the cases.


While I grouted yesterday, Marcus made two door mock-ups, which you can see below. I chose the one on the left with the 1 3/4" border surround rather than the one with the larger surround on the right. I wanted to put on wrought iron strap hinges, but I think the doors, which I reallllly like, are too contemporary for that. I think I will try and find some copper finish hinges and knobs instead.

Ceilings are done! The rooms upstairs look amazing



I particularly love this photo of the master bedroom. Did I mention that we are thinking of doing a tinted wash on the walls rather than painting over the knots, which have turned out to be rather beautiful.


I have bathroom tile envy! I wish we had such beautiful tiles in our own house. I finished grouting and polishing both bathroom tub and shower surrounds yesterday and they are really beautiful.


I

1 comment:

  1. I was hoping you would stain some of the wood and leave it like that (that's why I asked about painting last week!).

    ReplyDelete