Monday, March 1, 2010

After last week's rain, the boys are back at it this morning. The carpenters are putting up the last two floor joists and the support beam for the second floor. I could just say that their boss is back from his two week vacation and so they have to get down to business, but I won't say that! I did go over there in this morning's wind storm to see if the cottage had power because we did not have it here in Saturday Cove. All was well in Bayside, and I was able to use my mobile office to do some work this morning.

Chatted with the plumber last night who might have given me the brush off with "I'll let you know if it's a job I want to tackle." I have another plumber in the wings who might do it if I bribe him well enough, but he is on leave from Maine until the snow goes away for good, or until St. Patrick's day, whichever comes first.

The carpenter's told me that they have been having a steady stream of curious blog readers coming down to have tours of the inside of the cottage. You know who you are. I am interested in hearing your comments, and I am sure other blog readers would be curious as well. So comment away....I sometimes feel like I am blogging to a silent few on here.

2 comments:

  1. silent perhaps, but not a few...you might be surprised

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great, you all talk among yourselves but don't comment here!

    ReplyDelete