Sunday, March 28, 2010

Drizzle, Rain and the Majestic Ocean

I've been sucked in by the clever name marketers at Sherwin Williams and Home Depot. There is no way that I cannot use the colors drizzle and rain in the paint scheme for Sunnyside. How can one pass up the chance to use beautiful colors with names like that . I just hope that I don't find a fantastic soft gray with a name like "fog horn" or I will just have to paint the outside of the house using fog and something like "beach foam" for the trim.
In the photo above, the Home Depot glass tile is aptly named "Majestic Ocean" which is what I consider the view out the back sliding doors. Greg and I went and bought out the last boxes at Home Depot yesterday. We have 73 square feet of tile for the bathroom, so we hope not to mess it up! The color chip on the right is "drizzle" and the one on the right is "rain" I love these colors and am thinking of painting the walls "rain" and the ceiling "drizzle."
I have painting on the brain since we extended an offer to Greg's family members to come up in June and paint their little hearts out for free airfare and accommodations. Two of Greg's sisters and his niece have taken us up on the offer.

I am currently in Charlotte North Carolina for an auction. After this spate of real work, which has lasted several weeks, I am the lead on team Sunnyside and will spend full time at the cottage for the next few weeks until we go to the Bahamas. Well, full time is relative, I was just contacted about another art project, of which I will learn more on Tuesday when I return home.

Wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment