Monday, March 8, 2010

The Stuff I Kept.

I keep thinking in the back of my mind that we got rid of all the stuff inside Sunnyside. A visit yesterday to Little Bohemia to check on things put that thought right out of my head. Normally spotless and neat as a pin, Little Bohemia has become a storage shed for the winter. There is stuff everywhere. I keep forgetting about the pots and pans, the dishes, the boxes of tchotskis, and all the furniture. True, we got rid of the beds (one came to our house), but there is so much!! I think I can almost refurnish the whole place with what we have in our new storage barn.

Yowza, look at all this stuff!


The room of chairs

There are projects too...I want to make this great folk frame into a mirror. Its in really nice shape. I think I found it in a pile of frames and old prints in one corner of the cottage.

This lamp is very cool. I bid on one at auction a few years ago that had its original slag glass petal form shade. It is my goal to find the right shade for it.
Not too much exciting stuff happening at the cottage except for the ongoing electrical work. Greg and I spent a beautiful Sunday over there cleaning off the roof debris. My man Josh is coming back this week to start framing out the windows upstairs and cleaning up the damage from the bay window removal. (some of the exterior boards on the house got ripped off). It has been so glorious here in Maine that Greg and my thoughts turn to building the exterior deck.

2 comments:

  1. We really enjoy your blog. Being long term Baysiders we appreciate new commers who recognize that unique place that is Bayside. We also appreciate the work that you are doing to fix up sunny-side.Merrithew Square is beginning to look like the showplace that it once was, thanks to the several cottages that have been spruced up over the past couple of years.
    In one of you recent blogs you showed a picture of a picture of a steamboat. If you are thinking of getting rid of that steamboat picture, I would appreciate "first dibs".
    Once we get settled back in Bayside we will make an effort to drop in and introduce ourselves.
    Again, thanks for making Bayside a better looking place

    Dick and Marge Brockway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marge: The steamboat print is a reproduction, but it's cute and I am keeping it to go on the wall at Sunnyside. Sorry!

    You may have missed that we also own Little Bohemia, the old caretaker's cottage to David and Beverly Crowfoot's house. You can see our renovations there by visiting www.baysidemainecottagerental.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete