Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Typical Maine Transaction: I got back to Sunnyside yesterday after being in Florida for the weekend to find $5.00 in ones tucked under the front door. Rather, my friend Margaret found it stuck there and gave it to me. I figured it was money owed to me by a friend who came and took stuff from the estate sale. While I was showing Margaret around the house, a neighbor from across the park came by and said: "Did you find my $5.00?" "I took your $10.00 lawn mower and left you $5.00. If it starts next year, I will give you the rest of the $$" I thought that was great.

Have just one thing to sell: The damn dining room table, chairs, and hutch. I tried to sell it for $19.99 on Ebay, but that didn't work either. Oh well.

We've been slow to get back to work what with the vote on marriage equality happening yesterday. Today, though I wanted to work, I couldn't focus on anything and spent the day feeling sorry for ourselves.

Til tomorrow

2 comments:

  1. Are ou willing to sell just the dining room chairs? I need chairs but not a table or hutch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If it starts next year." Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete