Sunday, November 15, 2009

I'm gutted this evening.

Cannot move. We hauled and toted all yesterday and took this morning to partially gut the upstairs. This is the view from the stairway into the second bedroom. And that is the bedroom wall in the foreground. We will try and reuse the wood for wainscoting or for the kitchen cabinets.

Greg and I nailed cross beams up between the roof joists and then while I was getting rid of the bathroom vanity and the rest of the walls in the bathroom,he was pulling down the bedroom walls.
Here are the before and after shots of the bathroom: We got rid of the very pretty green plastic tiling. Underneath was not something waterproof, but rather more homasote.
I cannot believe how open the second floor looks. With walls going all the way to the roof, the rooms will soar with airy-ness. I took photos but am too tired to find my camera and fiddle with posting the pictures. Tomorrow you can see the transformation.
I also planted about 80 bulbs today and took down the awful "Victorian" corner braces on the porch. Speaking of the porch, found that the support posts for the covered porch outside are just floating..I moved one over about three inches when I yanked one of the fiberglass corner braces off. Jeez, I am now realizing that our home renovations, as inexperienced are we are, is going to be great!

2 comments:

  1. Please refrain from calling my sister and brother-in-law as clowns or referring to them in any negative way. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You misunderstand me, I wasn't referring to the owners, but to the workmen who didn't do a structurally sound job. If the workmen and the owners were one in the same, I apologize to you and the previous owners for my comments, which have been removed.

    ReplyDelete