Sunday, November 8, 2009

Every intention of going over to the cottage and ripping out the bathroom this morning. Got there and went upstairs to investigate the ceiling. Found that the wobbly floor was really getting me down. I looked above the ceiling and found a small lumber pile, two 2x4s of relatively the same length, though one was bowed a bit. I grabbed some scrap wood and made a support post, spanning between two cross beams. It isn't perfect, but I stopped some of the shake on the second floor. I got obsessed with putting in supports and found a post for the corner of the stairs. I raised the stair corner by about 1/8th of an inch and you can feel the difference upstairs. The front room is now more shaky than the back of the house! That is a good thing and with the stair wall and the new bathroom wall and supports, I think we will be just fine with bracing the upstairs.

Quitting early to make dinner for friends A squash, turnip, sweet potato and leek soup with several different focacia breads and a big salad. Mac and cheese as a filler for those wanting more.

1 comment:

  1. Is there a word for carpentry geek? Because you, cuteness, totally are one! :-)

    ReplyDelete