Friday, November 6, 2009

I have to admit that I am not so into the demolition yet, but I need to be. Kept telling myself that I would go over there today, but my REAL job got in the way. I've played phone tag for a few days with a contact in Chicago made through Facebook and ended up talking to a Chicago collector about his amazing tale of buying a stained glass factory in Chicago and all the stuff he found inside! I also wrote to a collector about a desk he owns that belonged to one of my client's great-grandfathers. I thought I would see how amenable he would be to a sale of the desk, which he purchased in the late 90s.

I tried to get to the house, but with the dark days, 3pm seems like 6 pm for me until I get the hang of the darkness. It's only 7pm and I feel like it's 10pm...could be the pjs thing all day. That should not be allowed for people like me.

Can I also admit that I want to be cliche and get green glass knobs for the beadboard kitchen doors for the kitchen here.

I rescued most of my sister's cache of green depression glass that she wanted to sell at the yard sale. I would like to put it here at the cottage and match up the knobs to the plates and glasses....I am so gay...but you know, this idea works for me and will convey a factor of 6 on the charm scale...speaking of which I decided to keep the red iron farm scale we found at the cottage and put it back...probably a factor of 8.5 (would be higher but it isn't balanced)

I know, I should have dreams of ripping off homosote and the corresponding rug scraps off the walls and getting started jacking up the corner of the house so it doesn't fall on me and my Ruby Slippers.

1 comment:

  1. I love the green glass, gay factor or not! Do what makes you happy. Er, gay. ;-)

    ReplyDelete