Friday, July 9, 2010

My new routine seems to be: "get up, try and straighten up, chug Ibuprofin, and go to the cottage."

Greg and I are moving into the cottage for a week starting on Tuesday. Our friends from California who are coming for the week were supposed to stay there, but the house is not kid friendly yet and I was worried that with a 2 year old and a 5 year old there and no balcony railings, things could get a bit ugly. This way, we can work on the house 24 hours a day too!

We worked until 9 or so last night, after taking a two hour dinner break to go home and spend time with the dogs. Greg got his newel post and hand railing in for the stairs and I got the first coat of the floor painted in the kitchen....when I left, I really thought the floor looked amazing.

Yesterday morning I got over there around 6 and almost finished staining the last of the walls going up the stairs, but I ran out of freakin' paint with about 10 more boards to stain! Ain't it the way.

Hooked up the washer dryer, only to find out the washer doesn't work! My great bargain at Marden's, a rehabbed Bosch front loader for $200 and the thing doesn't even turn on! Back it goes, along with the fridge we bought there last month. The fridge is great, but because we bought a Jenn-Aire stove in black, we wanted a fridge to match, which we bought yesterday. It works beautifully and the dark green floors look really well with the black appliances.

Pics as soon as I get to the cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment