Friday, July 2, 2010

The decking was put on yesterday afternoon and, though it is a fantastically big deck with lots of room, I worried all last night that it was too big. I asked a friend for his advice and he told me that no deck was too big. When I talked with Greg on the phone before bed, he concurred with me that having the deck run all the way to the perimeter of the new addition roof might be a bit of overkill.

I woke bolt upright at 5 am thinking that I had to get over there before Larry and the Boys arrived at 6:45 so I could suss out the situation. I walked around the square and went upstairs to really take a look at how big this sucker really was. It is obscenely big, bigger than practicality dictates. I could still have a table and chairs and a couple of loungers and still have room for a group Yoga session if I lopped off about 6 feet from the side of the deck.

So, all of you who are awakened this morning by the sound of drills working away, know that the Boys are working a bit backwards this morning and taking off a good portion of the deck they built yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment