Thursday, July 29, 2010

The last four days have been wonderfully unproductive. I haven't even cleaned out my car from all the stuff I threw into it from Sunnyside. We have been out on the boat almost every day and I happened to snap a few photos of the house from the water. Both times (well, OK, the three times) I've powered past the house, there have been people on the second floor deck. The last time we went by, we did trade waves.

I find it interesting that 1 Clinton Lane, the house directly in front of us on the water is on the market for $700 and something thousand. Good luck with that I say and I hope you get near the asking price. True that the house is on the water, but there is no property to speak of and the balconies on the water side are small and not so useable. Clinton Lane cuts almost right under the drip lines of the house. I am tempted to put Sunnyside on the market as a competing property for a lot less money than that. But, we have to finish it first!

2 comments:

  1. I'd consider revising this posting. I know you are only speaking your mind in a matter of fact way, but I don't see any reason to knock the 1 Clinton Lane property. It is cool in its own way. The fact that it was saved from falling into the bay a few years back is just amazing.

    I'm guessing the current owner's listing price is in part reflective of the huge engineering undertaking to properly drain and stabilize the property. You can't build a house that close to the water anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a real estate investor, I am calling it like I see it. Fabulous for them that they paid so much to shore the place up, but as a potential buyer who would be looking to make a profit from owning this house, I see the downsides as having too small decks to use for any length of time, or with numerous people, and the REALLLY bad road situation. Who really wants cars driving right against the west wall of one's house?

    And if I were you, I would consider not trying to censure someone's blog. If you do not like what I write, do not read what I write and get your own blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete