Monday, December 14, 2009

A new project: The removal of the ugly window

BEFORE

AFTER:

It took me about 20 minutes to get the upstairs window out. It's been there awhile and interestingly to me....the window was only secured to the house by moldings. There was nary a screw holding the casement to the frame. When I removed the interior moldings, the window panes pretty much just fell out! Luckily I was fast and so the 4' x 4' central window pane came out in my hands in one piece. Good thing its warm today! Well, relatively


I toyed with the idea of taking out the bay window too, but I will wait for help with that one. I still have three small windows to remove upstairs and I have to make a clear path for the installers...as you can see, my pile of scrap wood is still pretty big upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment