Saturday, December 19, 2009

11:30 am and it's dump day. I got up at 5 and started cooking at 6...making Christmas goodies: spiced pecans, gluten free chocolate chip cookies with cashews and peanut butter chips, orange shortbread cookies dipped in milk chocolate, and cashew peanut butter brittle (suffice it to say that I have gone through about 6 lbs of butter this morning!!)

I am avoiding the dump because I am lazy and don't want to have to go and finish cleaning the damn work site....But I need to before anything else can happen and the next dump day is Tuesday. I have one more thing in the oven and then I will go over there. There is a truckload full of cardboard alone from all the window boxes! Speaking of windows, did you know that ours were put in day before yesterday??? Can you tell I am excited?? Here are some more shots of the new windows from the inside:

Kitchen window. The walls and studs aren't straight but the window is!



These new windows in the front are awesome, I really like them, they make the place look like a cottage again. With wooden walls and the peak exposed, I think this upstairs is going to rock!

We moved one of the small square windows (the covered up hole to the left) so that the stairway would have natural light. We are expanding the stairway and the wall will go right through the old window. Its a squeeze, but there will be a wall between these two windows.

The new sliders....though they have to be removed because the door opens on the wrong side. I see why there was a bay window here now. The sliders made the room feel smaller,

but then again, you couldn't do this with a bay window!! Deck to follow. See the debris I have to get out onto the roof to clean? Its a bitter cold day here...ugghh :(

No comments:

Post a Comment