Friday, December 11, 2009

Finished the knee wall and the clean up of the space underneath the main house this morning. There is the wall at the right. I ran out of gas today or I would have put the sheeting down. The morning started out sunny and nice and so I spent a nice morning digging, raking, and moving dirt. I prepared this room for sheeting and stone and so it was done by about 10am.

I still had the garage to prepare, which I thought had been done, but needed a few more hours to make the level of the garage consistent. I needed some more room under the garage doors for the stone, so I ended up taking out the big high spot in the floor there as well as the one at the back of the garage. I've pulled away about 3" of dirt from the garage floor and now its ready for sheeting and stone too.
f


Took a break to have lunch and walk the dogs. By the time I went to order the stone, the contractor's office had closed for the day. The clouds and the wind are both wicked out there, so I decided to not do the sheeting today, but rather rest my back. (read: Hide under the covers blogging for the afternoon) Did I mention that I took a pick axe to my finger yesterday? Took a nice section of top skin off my index finger and so it's difficult to do much without a slight pain.

I'm taking the day off tomorrow to shop and cook for Greg's trunk show he is having in Belfast. I am making parmesan stuffed bacon wrapped dates, miniature beef filled empanadas, and something else that I have not decided upon yet...I might make a few cornmeal cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment