Sunday, December 6, 2009

I spent yesterday cleaning and familiarizing myself with everything in the basement. It was dump day, so I was able to clean out and get out a whole bunch of rusted metals and other items that went to the scrap piles at the transfer station. I swear those boys who prowl around the piles of twisted scrap love to see me coming. Sometimes I can hand someone a piece of scrap from my truck and they just put it into theirs...that makes me feel good.

If you can embiggen the photo, you might be able to see the large slab of slate that sits in the middle of the garage. I was able to get this out the door and I believe it will make a really nice threshold or top step somewhere around the property.

I found a lot of dried up old paint cans, which is good, since I can throw them away without worry. There are still a lot of full cans, which will have to be disposed of properly. I had to clean because we are beginning a new project tomorrow...or rather, we have hired out to have it done. The basement is dirt and rather wet, so I hired a friend to come in and level off the floor, perhaps removing some of the dirt so that we can put down a layer of plastic and then a layer of stone over that. This serves as an inexpensive way to help keep the basement drier and help the water flow through. It will also help keep moisture levels down and be an aesthetic improvement over what is there now.

And off to the left, you can see our BASC (Big Ass Support Column) that is keeping the bounce out of the bouncy house.

With all the snow today, I may be a shut in...seeing how it is Sunday and all, it seems like a great day to work on Christmas presents and watch movies!

Happy Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment