Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Already Furnishing the Cottage!
Greg thought I was nuts yesterday when I yelled at him to stop the truck on a back road yesterday. I jumped out for there, in a junk pile, was this great period Windsor chair. A bit broken, but fixable. The chair dates to the mid to late 19th century and probably hails from Philadelphia. I know there is a photo of this chair somewhere in a book in my library. The seat looks original, but the yellow paint was sanded off...so sad. Anyway, he thinks I am nuts, but I really like this chair.



2 comments:

  1. Do you think the chair has sort of a bamboo look to the turning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, it's known as a bamboo windsor. I just found reference to a settee of the same design that sold at auction in 2005. It was identical except for the front flairing feet.

    ReplyDelete