Thursday, November 12, 2009

The power of Craig's List!

I spent the last few glorious days in Maine outside in front of Sunnyside, raking up two years or so of leaves. After filling 12 contractor bags full....and I mean full....I was wondering what to do with the bags. It seemed a shame to take them to the dump and unpack them onto the brush pile. So, I put them up for free on Craig's List under the heading "Eco-Insulation for the outside of your home" I listed them around 10pm. By 9am the next morning, I had an email excitedly asking me if they were still available. A man and his wife drove 60 miles round trip to pick them up because hay bales have gotten out of sight expensive. He saved $40.00 on hay and I saved about the same amount by not taking them to the dump. Love it.

Just had an email about the Fugly Thomasville Hutch that is still left in the house. Hopefully, that will be gone this weekend. I decided to keep the table for now since it works perfectly as a large work surface. We'll donate it to Goodwill when the time comes for it to go.

In Boston for the night. Greg and I found excellent shoe deals at Marden's in Portland yesterday. $69.00 for a pair of $300 loafers in my size. I can't believe they had Ted Baker shoes for $49.00!

Won't be back at work at Sunnyside until Saturday....and that is a clean up day for the ceiling upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment