Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Another day of recycling yesterday. I really want to try and use as many old boards as possible in the new scheme. I am removing old nails and cutting the tongue and groove boards down. getting rid of damaged ends, etc. I hope to have enough materials between the tongue and groove boards and the old studs to make the kitchen cabinets. Have come across so many old 19th square cut nails, that I decided to try and save those as well. There has to be some decorative wall treatment I can do with old cut brads.

Put out a curb alert on Craig's List to get rid of the bathroom vanity. I honestly think it was never used, for it looks brand new. Within about 30 minutes I had some guy from Waterville ask me to hold it for him. He is driving down tomorrow to pick it up. It's a good feeling to know that a lot of this stuff is not going to land up in some landfill.

We placed the window order yesterday. We probably could have found them cheaper at some big box store, but we wanted the good quality Anderson windows that are not as cheap as the ones at one of those BB stores. And, I feel good about ordering from Viking...they are a local Maine company and probably need the business. I've asked our BFF contractor to put the windows in for us. I can see where the previous windows have leaked and since I have no experience in putting in an 8 foot sliding glass door, I want it done properly. The small square windows that are probably original have caused all sorts of leaks, so I want to get those done up right too. We have to take out the bay window (there are leak marks all around it) that was installed in 2000....I think I can probably sell it to pay for part of the other windows. I cannot wait to get rid of the front picture window...it's old and not too weatherproof.....and its so ugly!

No comments:

Post a Comment