Saturday, January 16, 2010

The real world gets in the way again.

I have three days before I go down to New York for the week for business. I thought I would have a bit of time at the cottage, but with only being in town for a week between travels, I find that there are lots of odds and ends, and dogs to take care of and I cannot focus on the cottage work at hand. I have had positive responses from a majority of my clients about art objects coming up for sale next week down in New York. So, part of my time here is researching the pieces so that I can be intelligent about them when I go to examine them. I have the potential to make most of my yearly salary next week, so I have to be on the ball.
The cottage suffers, but that is what Seth (no relation) is for during the next month or so that he is in town. He seems to like working there and is good at working there, so I am happy about that. I just feel bad that I am not working there more.

No comments:

Post a Comment