Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ooooo, it's been a long time since I visited this blog. I actually have not been back to Sunnyside since before Christmas. Christmas happened, then we went to Kansas, then New Year's, then I came down to Florida to help out my mom. She is recovering from ankle replacement surgery. Today is Saturday and she had her ankle replaced last Tuesday. I am still here, but the work on Sunnyside continues. Today, the stairs came down.
Remember the stairs? With the new 2 x 6 studs going in and walls going in for the first time, the stairs were going to be far too narrow so we are building new ones. Here they are before demo.

Greg was hot to get these down before I get back to it....so I got this grainy cell phone photo today:


Just to orient you: The place where the fridge sat is no longer there:


In its place is a gaping hole to the basement which used to be steps going down to underneath the house. The hole will be plugged, and a new, wider set of stairs will go in.

Til the next photo

No comments:

Post a Comment